Jarrell Miller’s promoter Dmitry Salita has confirmed to WBN talks are underway for a heavyweight showdown with Anthony Joshua.
Previously, as rumors swirled of negotiations between the pair, Salita denied any contact with Matchroom boss Eddie Hearn in a previous update to WBN.
Fast forward a couple of weeks, and Salita says Hearn has reached out.
Despite dialogue, Salita sees Dillian Whyte as the top choice to battle it out with Joshua next.
“We have had talks with Eddie Hearn regarding a fight between Jarrell Miller and Anthony Joshua,” Salita exclusively told World Boxing News.
“At this point, it’s hard to judge at what stage they are. I get a feeling that Dillian Whyte is a strong consideration.”
Asked if June 1st was the likely date should a firm agreement be made, Salita replied: “Jarrell vs Joshua is one of the biggest fights in boxing.
“It will happen at the right time. Boxing history will determine when that right time is.”
Joshua turned to Miller (📸 Ed Mulholland) after Dillian Whyte turned down a first offer in the region of £3m. Then a follow-up of over £4m. And in the end, over £5m for a rematch.
WBN understands Whyte is holding out for around £7m. While Miller would come much cheaper than that.
Hearn was recently criticised by Tyson Fury’s coach Ben Davison for consistently lowballing the top fighters in the division.
Bids made to Deontay Wilder, Fury and now Whyte have all been below the market rate for fights of that magnitude, according to the trainer.
Turning to Miller is another indication of unwillingness to meet demands. Hence why Joshua is in a position where he probably has to cancel a date at Wembley.
April 13th was amazingly booked in last July, without any knowledge of where Joshua’s career would be by that stage.
After determined attempts not to let National Stadium bosses down, Hearn is facing up to the fact that eleven weeks is just not enough time.
Miller in June is one possibility on US soil. Whyte on May 18 or later would be the firm favorite at this point in time.