Tyson Fury’s trainer and uncle Peter has spoken to WBN in the immediate aftermath of Wladimir Klitschko pulling out of the October 24 world title fight in Dusseldorf.
Klitschko, 40, suffered damage to his calf in training just days after a fiery press conference with Fury in the UK and Peter is adamant that the delay won’t be a hindrance as Team Fury await a rescheduling date next week.
“I believe that it’s only going to be for four weeks anyway, so it’s not the end of the world. We are looking at mid-to-late November time for this fight to be rescheduled and I don’t think it’s going to be any longer than that,” Fury exclusively told World Boxing News on Friday.
“Tyson won’t break off camp at all. He’s constantly in camp and will continue to do what he’s been doing.”
Asked about his mood following massive coverage at the media gathering on Wednesday, where Tyson dressed up at Batman and took centre stage – to now facing disappointment, Peter replied: “It is bizarre to say the least that it’s just happened after the press conference, but this is where we are.
“I can’t speculate and say he’s injured or he isn’t. It’s not my call. All I can say is that it’s very disappointing for the fans and all the money that has been spent on flights and everything else.
“I haven’t got a crystal ball and only they know. We have got to go on what they said, and if that’s what they are saying, then that’s okay.
“I have got to take it as being a genuine injury because they have been absolutely perfect with us, but it’s just disappointing and it’s a setback,” he added.
Klitschko’s manager Bernd Boente was apologetic in a statement released by KMG earlier in the day and said he wants a swift announcement next week in order to get the mandatory clash firmly back on track.