Anthony Joshua discussed the ongoing situation with his June 1st American debut when addressing the fallout of his failed clash with Jarrell Miller.
Taking to his YouTube channel, Joshua was optimistic about the future despite Miller failing drug tests for three banned substances.
With Miller out, WBN expects Michael Hunter to be confirmed as Joshua’s opponent this week.
Speaking directly to his fans, Joshua said: “June 1 will still go ahead, my New York debut at Madison Square Gardens.
“I don’t want to talk too much about the situation with Jarrell Miller, because it is not in my character to knock a man when he is down.
“But there are a lot of things he has said previously, at press conferences and in the build-up. I wanted to crack him in his jaw.
“But I know when you are in a position, you have to lead by example. I knew that was not the right thing to do.
“But the lesson to learn is that karma works in various ways — what goes around will come back around.
“I feel he has taken fate and his own blessings out of his own hands.
“Sometimes be respectful. I know it is a fight but be respectful. Be appreciative and lead by example. What he has done is not lead by example.
“Cheats will get found out and hustlers, hard workers will always rise to the top.
“With that being said, we’re currently looking for alternative options. We’ve got four-and-a-half weeks of sparring left.
“Whoever the opponent is I’m going to keep my chin down and my hands up to slug it out.”
He continued: “Good luck to the kid Jarrell Miller. As I said, I’m not going to kick a man while he’s down. But he doesn’t deserve to be in the ring with me or any other heavyweight right now.
“I don’t know what the future holds [for Miller] that’s for the governing bodies and the authorities. They’ll make the right decision and the right call on this decision.”
Finally, Joshua sent a mysterious message to Miller’s mother at the end of the video.
“To Miller’s mum, I still love you. If there’s anything I can do for you, just let me know.”