James DeGale v Chris Eubank Jr: Form Guide / Preview / Prediction
A massive UK grudge match takes place on Saturday night as James DeGale and Chris Eubank Jr. battle it out for the IBO Super-middleweight belt in a must-win clash.
The two Brits come into the contest knowing their future PPV careers are on the line when they collide at The O2 in London.
With both suffering a loss over the past few years, they can ill-afford another reverse if they harbor further hopes of huge TV events.
FORM GUIDE – LAST SIX
James DeGale – WWLDWW
September 2018 – Fidel Munoz (W) KO3
April 2018 – Caleb Truax (W) UD12
December 2017 – Caleb Truax (L) MD12
January 2017 – Badou Jack (D) MD12
April 2016 – Rogelio Medina (W) UD12
November 2015 -Lucian Bute (W) UD12
Chris Eubank Jr. – WLWWWW
September 2018 – JJ McDonagh (W) RTD3
February 2018 – George Groves (L) UD12
October 2017 – Avni Yildirim (W) KO3
July 2017 – Arthur Abraham (W) UD12
February 2017 – Renold Quinlan (W) TKO10
June 2016 – Tom Doran (W) TKO4
PREVIEW – (📷 Lawrence Lustig)
On current form, and the Groves defeat aside, Eubank Jr. is the slight favorite with the bookmakers. Being younger and fresher could make all the difference in a fight which is expected to be a war.
DeGale’s battles with Calen Truax and Badou Jack of late have taken their toll on his body and could also have a mentally draining effect once they hit the trenches in the mid-rounds.
There’s no doubting the better pedigree and skill-set lies with DeGale. Whilst power and raw strength are with Eubank, who is growing further into the weight with every fight.
It all comes down to how much DeGale has left. If he’s 80 percent of what he was at his peak, he should be able to see out a points win over Eubank. Anything below that figure and it could be another long, hard slog for ‘Chunky’ down the stretch.
Eubank can be unforgiving and relentless. The Brighton man may well have enough in his locker to wear down DeGale late in the fight.
Tickets for the fight are on sale. Available from www.AXS.com and Inner Ringside/VIP Hospitality from www.sportandmusic.co.uk.
This fight will be shown exclusively on ITV Box Office. For further information and updates, please go to www.itvboxoffice.com.
The buy window to register and buy this event to view on Sky is now open. For complete clarity, customers who will need to register and buy in advance are:
This fight will be shown exclusively on ITV Box Office. For further information and updates, please go to www.itvboxoffice.com
- Customers new to ITV Box Office who have not previously registered and bought an event to view on Sky
- Customers who have previously bought an event but did not opt to store their payment details
- Those who may have previously bought an event but have since been contacted by ITV Box Office about the deletion of their account, e.g. if it had been erased as part of new GDPR regulation if there had been an issue with collecting payment etc.
- The price is £19.95 (€22.95).
- Virgin customers will be able to book the event via their remote controls, 5 days prior to fight night (Monday 18th Feb).
- For more information on purchasing for PlayStation4 and TVPlayer head to itvboxoffice.com
- In addition, customers buying the DeGale v Eubank Jr event will get access to the WBC Super Middleweight title fight between Anthony Dirrell v Avni Yildirim, live from Minneapolis, Minnesota. Programme start time 03:00 24th Feb.