21
Nov
2018

Floyd Mayweather v Tenshin Nasukawa OFF, was NEVER AGREED

World Boxing News 07/11/2018

Floyd Mayweather has released a statement confirming his announced fight with Tenshin Nasukawa won’t happen.

The 41 year-old was due to fight the Japanese kickboxer, 20, on December 31.

Just over two days after a press conference, Mayweather has cancelled those plans.

In a statement, Mayweather explained why.

“Now that I am back on U.S. soil after a long and disappointing trip to Tokyo. I now have the time to address you, my fans and the media in regards to the upcoming event on December 31st that was recently announced,” said Mayweather.

“First and foremost. I want it to be clear that I, Floyd Mayweather, never agreed to an official bout with Tenshin Nasukawa.

“In fact (with all due respect) I have never heard of him until this recent trip to Japan. Ultimately, I was asked to participate in a nine-minute exhibition of three rounds. An opponent would be selected by the ‘Rizen Fighting Federation’.

“What I was originally informed of by Brent Johnson of ‘One Entertainment’ was that this was to be an exhibition put on for a small group of wealthy spectators for a very large fee.

“This exhibition was previously arranged as a ‘Special Bout’. Purely for entertainment purposes with no intentions of being represented as an official fight card nor televised worldwide.


PRESSER

“Once I arrived at the press conference, my team and I were completely derailed by the new direction this event was going. We should have put a stop to it immediately.

“I want to sincerely apologize to my fans for the very misleading information that was announced during this press conference.

“I can assure you that I too was completely blindsided by the arrangements that were being made without my consent nor approval.



“For the sake of the several fans and attendees that flew in from all parts of the world to attend this past press conference.

“I was hesitant to create a huge disturbance by combating what was being said and for that, I am truly sorry.

“I’m a retired boxer. I earn an unprecedented amount of money, globally, for appearances, speaking engagements and occasional small exhibitions,” he added.

Your SEO optimized title