Tyson Fury is ripped and ready for action with four weeks remaining until the former world heavyweight champion ends a thirty one-month absence from the ring.
The 27 year-old is set to reveal his comeback opponent for what will be a BT Sport exclusive outing on June 9 at Manchester Arena.
“Four weeks on Saturday and counting down the days. I love my fans and I’m working hard,” said Fury ahead of his return.
Several names have been mentioned a potential foes for Fury next month, although Frank Warren has already confirmed it won’t be a big name in the opposing corner.
“We will name the opponent in the next weeks,” said Warren at the recent press conference. “But we’ve said from day one, it will be someone for Tyson to just shake off the ring rust.”
Cruiserweight Sefer Seferi had been mentioned prior to an interview with German media in which the Albanian stated he was looking forward to facing Fury.
“I never thought I’d have the chance to stand against Fury – my idol, once,” Seferi told20min.ch
“Fury is a boxing legend of the 21st century. He is tall, has weight and strength, moves to it quite easily, and he has dethroned Wladimir Klitschko in 2015. Fury is a bear.
“I will go to Hamburg to train and then it’s time for the conditioning in the Austrian mountains and then back to Hamburg for the sparring.
“The fact that I train every day and very disciplined, I’m always ready for a fight. Rest is very important before such a fight. I try to rest as much as possible despite the hype.
“Still, I will not make it easy for Fury. I will try to put pressure on him. Someone has to stand up to him in the build-up.
“If you lose to a legend like Fury, it’s no shame for me as an athlete. Somehow it goes on and on. After one or two struggles I would be back.
“It’s about my name, my reputation, my honor. My brother Nuri and I are known for fighting. If it was about little money, I would not do all the preparation and the nerve-racking fight,” he added.
An official confirmation is due by the end of next week.