WBO welterweight title holder Jeff Horn wants an offer made to the winner of Floyd Mayweather v Conor McGregor as the tough Australian plots further big fights in 2018.
Horn shocked Manny Pacquiao in Brisbane last month to win his first world crown and is tipped for a return with the Filipino legend by the end of this year.
Even though the rematch is likely to happen, Horn outlined his second choice should Pacquiao avoid him and also stated his desire to face Mayweather or McGregor after their money-spinning super-fight on August 26.
“If I could choose my next opponent it would be Pacquiao as I want to silence any critics,” Horn exclusively told World Boxing News.
“Otherwise, my second pick would be Keith Thurman, because he holds two world titles that I want.
“A unification in 2018 would be ideal. However, I am happy to listen to the promoters and see what they suggest.”
On promoters Duco potentially putting in an offer to Mayweather or McGregor, Horn added: “I am not sure but I hope so.
“Duco are very active in pursuing big fights for me, so I wouldn’t be surprised.”
On the contest itself, it seems Horn would expect the proposal to be made to Mayweather.
“I see it as an easy boxing clinic by Mayweather, although I can also see a possible disqualification from an illegal blow by Conor,” said Horn.
The second Pacquiao encounter is expected to head back to the same city this coming November to give Horn home advantage once again at an arena to be decided once negotiations are fully in order.
Phil Jay is Editor of World Boxing News. Follow on Twitter @PhilDJay