Boente says Fury v Klitschko 2 date is Oct 29, unsure if fight goes ahead
Wladimir Klitschko manager Bernd Boente believes the date pencilled in for a long-awaited rematch with Tyson Fury is October 29.
Originally, the second fight was due to take place next Saturday at Manchester Arena until Fury hurt his ankle in what was initially said to be a running exercise in The Lake District. Some newspaper reports are claiming Fury really hurt himself whilst attending a rave at Gottwood Festival in Anglesey, Wales last month, although this has since been denied by the unified heavyweight champion.
Doubts have been cast on the bout taking place at all due to UK tabloid reports of a failed drugs test by Fury in 2015, although no action has yet been taken and as it stands the fight is still scheduled to go ahead.
Boente has asked for a full investigation by the UK Anti-Doping Agency but was clear on when he sees the fight taking place without being fully confident of the contest actually going ahead as planned.
“Namely, (Fury v Klitschko 2 is) on October 29 in Manchester Arena. The rest (drug investigation) is not in our hands,” Bönte told Sport Bild.
Klitschko, 40, was in full beast mode in the weeks leading up to his attempt at revenge, whilst in contrast, Fury has been dogged by rumours of a stagnating camp and partying into the small hours.
Just hours after cancelling the summer encounter, Fury headed to France to mingle with football fans at Euro 2016 and was seen jumping and celebrating with fans despite his sprained ankle ailment.