Former heavyweight champion Tyson Fury claims he'll be fighting until he's 50 just days after the legendary Roy Jones Jr. hung up his gloves at 49.
Jones Jr. bowed out with a win over Scott Sigmon last Thursday, and Fury told The Daily Record on Saturday he's aiming to go one better.
“I’ll continue boxing until I’m 50 – until I can’t box anymore," Fury told the Scottish newspaper.
“I just say to them, ‘Remember the name Tyson Fury’ – and they do.
“Wherever I go, there’s always somebody willing to buy me a drink. That’s because I’m a generous man. When I’ve got money, I buy everyone drinks.
“I have a soft spot for Scotland. I like the weather and the greenery and I get on with everybody. I like the people," he added.
Fury, 27, is still training for a comeback to action following over two years out of the ring, having been linked to a clash with Shannon Briggs in the spring.
A spot on the undercard of Billy Joe Saunders title defence against Martin Murray seems highly unlikely as Fury continues to shift timber, whilst dates in May or June remain a possibility.
Aiming to be back in the top division mix by the end of this year, Fury is still young enough to have plenty left in his locker despite the extended break, with the ultimate goal being a massive redemption battle with fellow-Brit Anthony Joshua.
Joshua puts his clutch of titles, previously the possessions of Fury, on the line against Joseph Parker on March 31 in Wales, with the winner walking away with four versions of the heavyweight championships.
Fights with Alexander Povetkin, Deontay Wilder, Dillian Whyte and Kubrat Pulev are all in Joshua's thoughts, but Fury can put himself top of the pile should he prove he's still got it in an imminent comeback.