Tyson Fury has responded to a taunt from Deontay Wilder over his plans to ditch a high-profile rematch in the immediate future.
The lineal heavyweight ruler, who drew with Wilder in December, was urged by ESPN to avoid the American next in favor of building the return.
Bob Arum wants Fury to enhance his own stateside profile. The Hall of Fame promoter hopes to reach around two million Pay-Per-View buys when they finally meet again.
Obviously irate at the collapse of an agreed May 18 battle in New York or Las Vegas, Wilder informed Fury in no uncertain terms of his disappointment.
“You sorry m*********! We knew you only said this because you knew weren’t fighting me next!
“#CloutChaser. You requested a warm-up fight first 😂😂😂. I don’t blame you tho.
“I probably would too if I saw my brains splashed all over the canvas. #Timberrr #NoSmokeWanted” – said ‘The Bronze Bomber’ due to Fury’s snub.
In retaliation, Fury claimed Wilder needed to work on his PPV numbers despite the pair enjoying huge plaudits on both sides of the Atlantic last year.
“Get your self a bit more well known in America first kid. Then I’ll give you another chance!
“I already beat you. The world knows it. So do you. (It) must be hard for you that a British fighter has taken over the USA 🇺🇸😉 watch me whippppp.” – stated Fury.
The heavyweight division is now in a shambolic state. All three of the top stars are facing separate foes in the coming months.
Anthony Joshua is pencilled in to fight Jarrell Miller on June 1 at Madison Square Garden in New York.
Fury is likely to meet one of only a handful of Top Rank heavyweights. Whilst Wilder could meed Dominic Breazeale in a highly-anticipated grudge match.
It had been hoped that all three would certainly have faced each other by 2020. At this rate, fans would be lucky to have witnessed those contests by 2025.