The current world heavyweight champion’s October rematch with Wladimir Klitschko had been under a cloud until UKAD decided to act with just over thirteen weeks to go.
Both Fury’s were revealed to have tested positive for nandrolone in leaked information reported by the UK tabloids, accusations that were denied and subsequent legal action was launched.
Details of a high court battle were made public this week and lawyer Lewis Power said the allegations against the Fury’s had led to social media abuse of the pair.
“The two boxers strenuously deny taking any performance-enhancing drugs,” Power said in a statement.
“However, during the last five weeks, leaks about these charges have appeared in the press and both boxers have been the targets of continual abusive language on Twitter.
— peter fury. (@peterfury) August 3, 2016
Fury v Klitschko 2 should be full steam ahead from this point after being postponed first time around from a date of July 9.
A bad ankle injury suffered by Fury in June had meant he was unfit to fulfil his rematch obligation which is due to go ahead on October 29 in Manchester.
Undefeated Hughie is set to feature on the undercard.