The 44 year-old has previously outlined that the fight wasn’t possible due to stipulated rematch clause, although explained that changes in the agreement with Frank Warren have reopened the door to the UK clash.
Mosley has a high-profile fight arranged for the spring of 2016 that he wants to go through with, which would hamper any second contest with WBO welterweight title holder Smith being arranged for the first half of next year.
It seems that Mosley is now fully on board regarding the pre-Christmas encounter on the Andy Lee v Billy Joe Saunders bill at Manchester Arena and a deal could be made official should Warren and Smith accept the new terms.
“Frank Warren has now asked for an immediate rematch, but so long as it’s within 10 weeks. That means I can still do my other fight. So I agreed and I believe the fight is on,” Mosley exclusively told World Boxing News.
“As it stands, I will fight Liam Smith on the 19th and then again within 10 weeks. It looks like my other fight planned for March will be moved back to April or May, but I’m good with that so I can fight Smith first.”
Smith’s trainer Joe Gallagher spoke to WBN on Wednesday to state that he would rather that the fight took place as a headliner for his charge at home in Liverpool next summer, although Mosley said it’s now or never to get the grudge match made.
“If the fight doesn’t come off for some reason now, I definitely wouldn’t be fighting him in 2016. We have to fight in December first,” he confirmed.
“Let’s see if ‘Beefy’ comes up with any more excuses to get out of this fight now that it’s agreed on my part. If not, you may see a second fight at the Echo Arena or Anfield if I win and Liam manages to keep it competitive.
“I think this will be a good fight, so I am glad Warren and I were able to work out a schedule that worked for everyone,” added Mosley.