Fury vs. Hunter postponed, no new date given

Due to illness, the heavyweight contender clash between Hughie Fury and Michael Hunter is off its originally-scheduled 2nd July date.

BOXXER announced the delay on Wednesday with no new date given.

Fury, who has staged this training camp in Cannes, France, had been attempting to train through the illness, but his father and trainer Peter Fury today decided to suspend the camp to allow his son time to recover fully.

“On behalf of myself and my son, we apologize to the fans but most of all to Hunter and his team because, like us, they’ve gone through a hard camp, and this news is the last thing anyone in boxing wants to hear,” said Peter Fury.

“Hughie struggled on through the illness but physically broke down. We look forward to this fight being rescheduled as it’s a great fight for both men and the fans worldwide. Once again, we apologize to everyone involved, but health is paramount in boxing.”

FURY vs. HUNTER POSTPONED

Fury vs. Hunter is a WBA World Championship Eliminator bout that will send the winner forward for a shot at the WBA World Heavyweight Championship. BOXXER is working on scheduling a new date for the fight at the AO Arena Manchester.

“Boxing fans worldwide have been looking forward to this fight, and so have the two fighters. By today’s news, nobody will be more disappointed than Hughie Fury and Michael Hunter, but health is more important than anything. We wish Hughie a speedy recovery while we arrange a new date for this bout in Manchester,” said Ben Shalom, BOXXER founder, and CEO.

All tickets purchased for the 2nd July event will be valid for the newly-rescheduled date when announced. Fans unable to attend the new date can also obtain a full refund on any tickets purchased for 2nd July.