Betting on UFC can be exciting and engaging, but it can also be tricky. With that in mind, we’ve prepared a few UFC betting tips to help you out.
The Best Current UFC Betting Tips
The next UFC event is scheduled for the 10th of April 2021, which is less than two weeks away. That’s enough time to analyze the upcoming fights, and we did. Here are our UFC betting tips for this event:
Kevin Holland vs Marvin Vettori – Total Number of Rounds Under 3.5 @ -115
The main fight of the night is Holland vs Vettori after the initial match between Vettori and Till was canceled due to Till’s injury. Vettori is the favorite since he is currently on a streak with four straight wins, after losing to the active middleweight champion Israel Adesanya in 2018, on a split decision. His record is 16 wins, 4 losses and 1 draw, but he has won by knockout only two times in his career.
Meanwhile, Holland has a record of 21 wins and 6 losses, but he is coming into this match after a loss to Derek Brunson on March 20th. Vettori is the better-ranked fighter and in great form, so we don’t expect this fight to last more than 3 rounds.
Arnold Allen vs Sodiq Yusuff – Sodiq Yusuff to Win on Moneyline @ -152
Another interesting fight in the upcoming UFC event is between Allen and Yusuff, two featherweight fighters who don’t lose often. In fact, both of them have just one loss each and no draws, although Allen has 16 wins to Yusuff’s 11.
While this should be a very close fight, we would give a slight advantage to Yusuff. The American will fight at home, which should give him a bit of a boost and that’s why he is one of our picks.
Mackenzie Dern vs Nina Ansaroff – Mackenzie Dern to Win on Moneyline @ -105
The women’s side of this UFC event brings an interesting fight between two Americans – Mackenzie Dern and Nina Ansaroff. Mackenzie Dern has a much better record, with 10 wins and only one loss. Ansaroff, on the other hand, has 9 wins and 6 losses.
Taking only their record into account, it’s surprising that odds are pretty much even, without a clear favorite. Add the fact that Dern is younger and that Ansaroff took some time off due to pregnancy and maternity, the odds seem even more surprising. So, betting on Dern in this fight is one of our top UFC betting tips.
Other Types of Bets for UFC Events
In addition to the moneyline that we’ve recommended as part of our UFC betting tips, there are other types of bets and markets that you can try out as well. For example, you may want to place a parlay bet instead of a single, which is a type of bet with multiple selections.
Another option is to bet on live matches in the live betting section. Live betting, or in-play betting, offers you a chance to see how the match is going and place a bet based on that information.
When it comes to different markets, moneyline is the most popular market because you are simply betting on the winner. However, you can also bet on over or under, which is a bet in which you try to predict how many rounds the fight will have.
The most interesting types of bets, however, are propositional bets, or props. Props are unique bets that have higher odds since you are trying to predict more specific things, like how the fight is going to end (knockout, submission, decision, etc.).
Best Bookmakers to Bet on MMA and UFC Events
With our UFC betting tips and the right bookie, you can take advantage of some pretty good odds. So, let’s take a look at the top five UFC betting sites in the US:
- DraftKings – Best known for offering daily fantasy sports, this operator also has a very extensive sportsbook. They provide betting on a variety of sports and markets, including MMA and UFC events. The bookie also has live betting, streaming, and other great features.
- William Hill – This is one of the most famous bookies in the world. Although you may not think of UFC betting when you hear William Hill, this operator does provide a nice range of UFC events and markets for betting. They also have a variety of bonuses and promotions you can claim.
- FanDuel – Another bookie that gained a reputation in the world of daily fantasy sports, FanDuel branched out a few years ago into sports betting. They’ve been doing great ever since, and they are one of the best UFC betting sites you can find in the US.
- BetMGM – Even if you never gambled in your life, you’ve probably heard of MGM casino resort. However, this casino is also available online, along with a great sportsbook that includes many MMA and UFC events. They also have an interesting welcome offer for new players on the site.
- Bet365 – If you are looking for a bookie that has a lot to offer when it comes to UFC betting, but also has an incredible range of other sports, leagues and markets, then you should go with Bet365.
Frequently Asked Questions about UFC Events and UFC Betting
How to Place Bets on UFC Fights?
When you visit the website, find the section with MMA and UFC events. Choose the specific UFC event that you want to bet on, and then find the fight that you want to bet on.
Once you select the fight, it is time to choose your betting market. To select a betting market, click on the odds offered for that market and the selection will appear in your betslip. When you are done with it, enter the amount you want to wager and confirm your bet.
How to Know Is the Bookie Trustworthy?
Online sports betting websites that operate in the US hold licenses by clearly defined regulatory bodies, according to each state in which they operate. Make sure that the bookie you choose holds these licenses.
How to Open a New Account?
The first thing to do is to click on a button that says “Register” or “Join”. You can find this button in the top upper corner of the page, in most cases.
Clicking on this button will start the registration process. Just fill the registration form according to the website’s instructions and you will open a new account in no time.
How to Make Payments?
When you join a sports betting website, you will have a few different options for making deposits and withdrawals. These are wire transfers, credit or debit cards, and some e-wallets, such as PayPal, Neteller, Skrill, etc.