‘Irish’ Micky Ward names top four P4P boxers, makes Fury vs AJ prediction
Sirius XM welcomed ‘Irish’ Micky Ward and Dicky Eklund to the Ak and Barak Show to mark the tenth anniversary of the Oscar-winning ‘The Fighter’ movie.
In 2010, the film was critically acclaimed and starred Hollywood icon Mark Wahlberg as Micky and Academy Award winner Christian Bale.
Micky also had some poignant comments when ruling out an exhibition fight for himself and discussing the Mike Tyson vs. Roy Jones fight.
Ward names welterweight star Terence Crawford one of the best P4P fighters in the world. He also talks about the current welterweight division and names the top four boxers in the world.
The legend, who enjoyed one of the best rivalries in the history of the sport with Arturo Gatti, then says Tyson Fury would beat British rival Anthony Joshua if they fought.
Below is a round-up of what Micky spoke about. You can listen to the whole conversation on the Sirius XM App and on DAZN.
MICKY WARD & DICKY EKLUND
• Christian Bale played his role well in The Fighter.
• Micky wouldn’t trade anything for the career he had because he’d rather be the people’s champ than any other champion.
• Micky has been diagnosed with CTE.
• He says he would never come back to fight in an exhibition or any other capacity.
• Promotes its clothing line.
• Micky had layoffs because he noticed he was fighting for the right reasons.
• Micky’s P4P top guy comes down to Crawford, Canelo, Spence, and Garcia. All are in that conversation.
• There are so many great fighters out there in a stacked WW division. It’s been a while since we’ve had this.
• Micky would take Fury over the Joshua.
Canelo Alvarez recently cemented his place at the top of the World Boxing News Pound for Pound list after winning a fourth weight world title.
WBN FIGHTER OF THE YEAR 2020
Please cast your vote on the WBN Fighter of the Year Award for 2020 HERE. The nominees are Teofimo Lopez, Roman Gonzalez, Jermell Charlo. Gervonta Davis, Canelo Alvarez, and Errol Spence Jr.
The winner will be announced on January 18th, 2021.