Losing to Steve Collins in a rematch on that occasion, Benn wants closure after itching for another fight ever since.
Despite being 55 years of age, Benn said his elder position and the money on offer had nothing to do with his decision.
“It’s been a long time coming,” ‘The Dark Destroyer’ told media in London on Thursday. “This fight is all about me. It wasn’t financial.
“It was always about closure that I wanted that I never had. I feel the time is right now. People might say I’m 55, it’s nothing to do with age.
“I’m more fit now than when I was a world champion. It’s not the Dark Destroyer anymore, now it’s Nigel Benjamin Button Benn. I one hundred percent mean that.
“I am so fit. I need closure. I could have picked an easy opponent, but that’s not me. Everyone telling me not to do it, no. Worry about him, not me.”
Benn vs Bika will take place at Resorts World Arena (formerly the NEC) in Birmingham on November 23.
It will see two former World Boxing Council champions trade blows over ten rounds.
The event will be distributed via Epicentre.tv for £14.95.
Another ex-WBC title holder in Ricardo Mayorga is expected to fight on the undercard.
Former two-time world champion and British Boxing legend Nigel Benn will discuss his comeback to action at a press conference on Thursday. WBN revealed details of the event previously, which is set to go down on November 23 at Resorts World Arena (formerly the NEC) in Birmingham. Receiving a license to fight, despite the British […]
As World Boxing News revealed on Friday, odds on a potential Nigel Benn v Sakio Bika fight in November were released by bookmakers. Paddy Power and Betfair decided to open the fight for bets despite no official announcement from Team Benn. WBN made the initial confirmation Benn was returning to action at the ripe old […]