Tough heavyweight fighter, Cuban “King Kong” Luis Ortiz, returns to the ring this Saturday night.
Ortiz faces former world title challenger Christian Hammer in a 10-round bout at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn.
In an interview with media, Ortiz says he wants a rematch against WBC heavyweight champion Deontay “Bronze Bomber” Wilder.
In that fight, Ortiz tried his utmost, badly hurting and wobbling Wilder in the seventh round. But the champion recovered, rallied and ended up knocking out the Cuban in the tenth round.
It is very likely that Wilder will make a defense of his crown in May, although he has not yet named an opponent.
“If there’s a chance to gain a rematch with Deontay Wilder, that’s the fight I want,” said Ortiz.
“I want to give fans big and exciting fights. If that fight happens, I promise you that there will be twice as many thrills as in the first one,” vowed King Kong.
The challenger has won 2 fights since he lost a close fight with Wanheng in November of 2017.
The fight was scheduled to take place on March 1, but for promotional reasons it had to be postponed.
For Menayothin, the fight will be the eleventh defense of the minimum title he won in November 2014, when he defeated Mexican champion Oswaldo Novoa.
Wanheng is known for having surpassed the 50-0 record of Floyd Mayweather Jr, something he did last year when he defeated Filipino Pedro Taduran, improving his record to 51-0.
For Fukuhara this is a great opportunity, because in the first fight he had against Wanheng, he looked very competitive.