Chris Eubank Jr. responds as sparring partner breaks disclosure rule
Chris Eubank Jr. has admitted his surprise following a prediction of defeat by former live-in sparring partner Denis Douglin.
Preparing to face James DeGale this weekend, Eubank enlisted the services of American Douglin as chief help.
Douglin even stayed in Eubank’s house for the duration. Heading back to Las Vegas, the former contender then gave a surprise view on the fight.
In it, Douglin broke the unwritten disclosure rule after previously saying Eubank would knock DeGale out.
“I expect DeGale to win. Chris fell for the simple traps I set him and James is much better and slicker than I am. If I can trick him then DeGale will cause him big problems,” he said.
“I hate to say this because I had a good time in England and we did some excellent sparring. But while Chris is physically strong, James is much more skilled and will win.”
Eubank was asked for his view at the final press conference. The Brighton man said: “It does surprise me. It is contrary to what he was telling people before we broke camp.
“We had some good hard sparring, both technical and physical and it was an excellent camp,” he added.
Tickets for the fight are on sale. Available from www.AXS.com and Inner Ringside/VIP Hospitality from www.sportandmusic.co.uk.
This fight will be shown exclusively on ITV Box Office. For further information and updates, please go to www.itvboxoffice.com.
The buy window to register and buy this event to view on Sky is now open. For complete clarity, customers who will need to register and buy in advance are:
This fight will be shown exclusively on ITV Box Office. For further information and updates, please go to www.itvboxoffice.com
- Customers new to ITV Box Office who have not previously registered and bought an event to view on Sky
- Customers who have previously bought an event but did not opt to store their payment details
- Those who may have previously bought an event but have since been contacted by ITV Box Office about the deletion of their account, e.g. if it had been erased as part of new GDPR regulation if there had been an issue with collecting payment etc.
- The price is £19.95 (€22.95).
- Virgin customers will be able to book the event via their remote controls, 5 days prior to fight night (Monday 18th Feb).
- For more information on purchasing for PlayStation4 and TVPlayer head to itvboxoffice.com
- In addition, customers buying the DeGale v Eubank Jr event will get access to the WBC Super Middleweight title fight between Anthony Dirrell v Avni Yildirim, live from Minneapolis, Minnesota. Programme start time 03:00 24th Feb.