James DeGale has blasted reports he asked for George Groves to be removed from the ITV broadcast as untrue.
‘Chunky’ addressed media speculation that Groves would not be part of the team of pundits for the fight on Saturday night.
The former two time super middleweight ruler was unequivocal with his words.
“This is Fake News and total bollocks. Having fought both me and Eubank Jr, George is an obvious choice as the analyst for this fight,” said DeGale.
Meanwhile, at a tense final press conference, DeGale promised to retire if he couldn’t defeat his UK rival in London.
“Eubank is a tough fighter, he’s strong. He has a lot of good attributes, but I’m too good for him,” he stated.
“To mix it up and go to the very top you need more than strength and toughness. Every time he’s stepped up, he’s lost.
“The fear of losing is because I know what’s on the line. This is do or die. If I can’t beat him, if I can’t beat Chris Eubank Jr., I’m done.
“A lot of people think I’ve seen better days. A lot of people think I’m on the decline. I’ve had issues in the past, but I can honestly say I’m fully fit. I’m in the best shape I’ve been for a long, long time, physical and mentally. When I feel like I feel no one can beat me.
“If I can’t beat Chris that means I’m shot, that means I’m over the hill,” added DeGale.
Tickets for the fight are on sale. Available from www.AXS.com and Inner Ringside/VIP Hospitality from www.sportandmusic.co.uk.
This fight will be shown exclusively on ITV Box Office. For further information and updates, please go to www.itvboxoffice.com.
The buy window to register and buy this event to view on Sky is now open. For complete clarity, customers who will need to register and buy in advance are:
This fight will be shown exclusively on ITV Box Office. For further information and updates, please go to www.itvboxoffice.com
- Customers new to ITV Box Office who have not previously registered and bought an event to view on Sky
- Customers who have previously bought an event but did not opt to store their payment details
- Those who may have previously bought an event but have since been contacted by ITV Box Office about the deletion of their account, e.g. if it had been erased as part of new GDPR regulation if there had been an issue with collecting payment etc.
- The price is £19.95 (€22.95).
- Virgin customers will be able to book the event via their remote controls, 5 days prior to fight night (Monday 18th Feb).
- For more information on purchasing for PlayStation4 and TVPlayer head to itvboxoffice.com
- In addition, customers buying the DeGale v Eubank Jr event will get access to the WBC Super Middleweight title fight between Anthony Dirrell v Avni Yildirim, live from Minneapolis, Minnesota. Programme start time 03:00 24th Feb.