Skip to content
Home » Billy Joe Saunders befriends tragic Denver Clinton, boy with months to live

Billy Joe Saunders befriends tragic Denver Clinton, boy with months to live

  • by
  • 3 min read

Billy Joe Saunders spent time with Denver Clinton recently after being touched by the terminal cancer patient’s tragic story.

The four-year-old even accompanied Saunders to his last fight (???? Denver’s Journey). Clinton took to the ring at both the workout and after Saunders’ victory over Charles Adamu at Manchester Arena.

Due to compete later in the night, the former WBO middleweight champion even asked Frank Warren to put him on the card earlier so the frail youngster didn’t have to stay up too late.

After the contest, Saunders gave Clinton a sack of presents just days before the Christmas festivities.

Clinton, from Mattishall, near Dereham, has been fighting since a diagnosis earlier this year but has been told there’s no hope of recovery.

Family friend Jo Marshall has been updating everyone on Clinton as people rally around to give him as many good experiences as possible.


(Go Fund Me)

Denver was diagnosed with Neuroblastoma in May 2018. He has been bravely battling with his cancer ever since.

Neuroblastoma is a rare form of cancer which affects the nerve cells of young children mostly under the age of 5.

Denver underwent an operation to remove the tumour but only 95% could be safely removed. He has undergone Chemotherapy and strong medications in an attempt to shrink the remaining 5%. But sadly, at his recent scan it was found that his treatment wasn’t having any effect. The tumour was growing aggressively.

The prognosis is poor and he’s been given, 2- 3 months to live. The family and friends are devastated by the news. His mum is a single parent and manages financially on her income from carers and attendance allowance. These benefits will stop when Denver passes on.

Not only will she be grieving over the loss of Denver but will also have an additional worry about her financial situation with 3 other children of school age to support.

We are asking for any donations. However small, to help his mum re-adjust to life with reduced income at a time when she will be at her lowest. Please give generously. Thank you.

We would also like mum Wanda to have access to funds so she can create memories with her family, this will involve trips out as a whole family without having to worry how much it costs xxx

Follow Denver’s Journey and send wishes to The Railway Tavern. Denver c/o The Railway Tavern, 21-23 Yaxham Road, Dereham, Norfolk, N19 1HB.

To donate, visit the Go Fund Me page HERE  or at the Facebook page HERE