Lucas Browne shuts down Dave Allen fight after David Price call out
Former heavyweight champion Lucas Browne felt compelled to reply following a call out by David Price this week.
The tough Aussie, already linked to facing Dave Allen in December, was targeted by Price for a date just before Christmas.
“I believe Lucas Browne is offended that some fans want to see him fight me,” said Price. “Eddie Hearn, I’ll be ready for Dec 22, and you owe me a fight. Please let it be this. I’ll do this fella right in.”
Browne moved to shut down any notion of facing Price or Allen as ‘Big Daddy’ has a clash penciled in for November.
The 39-year-old will face journeyman Junior Pati on November 24 as Browne continues his comeback from a crushing loss to Dillian Whyte.
Explaining the situation, Browne said: “I’d like everyone to remember that I’m fighting November 24th in New Zealand against Junior Pati.
“So there’s no let’s go over to the UK to fight Allen or Price in December. I’m fighting in November. So it’s not going to happen.
“The one fight that I do want is (Adam) Kownacki. I’d much rather go over to America to fight Kownacki as that would be a much better fight for the fans.
“I think they’d love that fight a lot more in January after this New Zealand fight.
“There was a lot of talk about Dave Allen, and now David Price wants to shoot his mouth off. But my personal preference would be Kownacki.
“Let’s see how it all works out because I’ve got a fight to deal with first, and I never look past anyone,” he concluded.
WHYTE v CHISORA 2
Allen v Browne was eyed for the undercard of a possible rematch between Dillian Whyte and Dereck Chisora.
The O2 Arena event is set to be announced any day by Hearn, with Sky Sports Box Office being considered for the final PPV of the year.
Luis Ortiz had been linked to battling Whyte on the date, although Chisora has apparently been chosen over the Cuban.
More will be confirmed in the coming days.