Strange goings on have accompanied the former world light-heavyweight champion Twitter account recently and have continued over the past few days.
Declaring himself ‘The King of Wales’, Cleverly is continually adding to several strange tweets reaching the internet over the past two months.
It could well be a hack, but if not there could be real signs of Cleverly struggling with his decision to retire from the sport so early.
‘Clev’ only follows one single account after ditching everyone he follows for a prayer and bible group, with his tweets leaving most scratching their heads.
Weird posts began on June 29 when Cleverly (or his hacker) uncharacteristically tweeted: “ANY HATERS OUT THERE YOU BUNCH OF W******?”
There were a host of replies, most of whom took the insult in jest. Next came a block post stating that Cleverly is a fighter, despite the fact he retired last year after a defeat to Badou Jack.
Things turned even stranger when Cleverly then stated: “I am a w*****. I’m sorry. Before declaring himself as ‘the most intelligent fighter on the planet’.
Sandwiched inbetween, the ex-Frank Warren and Eddie Hearn fighter told followers he had a new name.
“In future correspondence, can you all please refer to me as The King, please. Thanks in advance. Kindest regards, The King,” he said.
Finally, the 31 year-old said he was ‘unbreakable’ in another from the head-scratching series.
This was followed up on Thursday with Cleverly tweeting: “I’m the most successful journeyman in boxing. Period.”
Furthermore, a previous offering has now been set at Cleverly’s ‘pinned tweet’ at the top of his account.
According to Cleverly, and since July 10th, he’s the ‘Baddest, Hardest man’ and ‘The King of Wales’ which some followers are putting down to the longest binge session of all-time.
If indeed Cleverly is posting himself, many of the replies questioning his mental state could have some foundation, although the most likely scenario would be Cleverly is having a chuckle at everyone’s expense.
Cleverly ended his career at the tender age of 30 as a two-time world title holder and with a record of 30-4 following a stellar career spanning twelve years.
Since then, the Cefn Forest man has kept a low profile whilst enjoying holidays and staying in shape, with talk of a ring return seemingly firmly behind him.