Team Wilder had previously kept a lid on this information amidst back and forth negotiations but made their declaration through Finkel on Monday evening.
“To clear up one other fallacy, Eddie knows that they have a written term sheet from us which details our $50 million-dollar offer for Anthony Joshua to fight Deontay Wilder in the U.S.
“We have never received from them a response to this term sheet,” Finkel exclusively told World Boxing News before outlining the strained relationship the pair enjoy is not down to his own personal feelings.
“Eddie thinks I dislike him. He is wrong. I have a difference of opinion with him of what a fact is. When I state something is a fact, I have written proof to back it up. I dare Eddie to do the same,” he said.
“I sent them a letter acknowledging Eddie’s email of June 22. And I told them they would have the contract back by Friday, June 29th.
“Since the contract did not state the date or the venue, I also asked for that information.
“These are the facts. Matchroom will have the contracts back to them by Friday, June 29th,” added Finkel.
DEONTAY WILDER SAGA
Fans seem to be growing tired of talk on social media as the delay continues, whilst the World Boxing Association is breathing down Hearn’s neck over a mandatory fight for Joshua with Alexander Povetkin.
The risk now is whether the WBA will force Joshua’s hand to face Povetkin before Wilder by threatening to take away the title before an official agreement can be reached for the divisional top two to go head-to-head.
As things stand, Matchroom will have something in writing from Deontay Wilder by the end of the week. After that, it will then be down to both parties making the final arrangements of a date and venue before going public with the undisputed heavyweight unification match-up.
Phil Jay is Editor of World Boxing News. Follow on Twitter @PhilDJay.