Despite sending the contract three days later than planned, Eddie Hearn has told Shelly Finkel and Team Deontay Wilder to get a move on with signing the paperwork.
WBN was informed on Tuesday that a contract had been received late on Monday, a whole THREE DAYS LATER than originally stated by Hearn in several interviews.
Wilder’s team had expected to be mulling over the deal on Friday, although have now been given just a short time to agree to the stipulations before Anthony Joshua moves on to an arranged fight with mandatory Alexander Povetkin.
“They (Team AJ) want to get moving,’ Hearn told Sky Sports after confirming to WBN the contract was sent to Wilder’s representatives.
“They boxed March 31, so he’s had a nice break. They would like to know, they would like a decision. Wilder is reviewing the contract offer
“Of course he wants the Wilder fight. He wants to be the undisputed champion, but if it’s going to be slow-tracked, if people are going to mess around, if it’s going to drag on, they would rather jump in and say okay, let’s go end of September with Povetkin, and then keep the discussions going with Wilder, but sign now.’
“If Wilder says we’re good to go, that’s almost certainly going to be the next fight,” he added.
Finkel has promised to keep WBN updated in regards to a future decision as it’s not a foregone conclusion that the deal will be signed off.
WBC title holder Wilder had stated he’d agreed the terms of the deal stated previously by Hearn and Joshua, which would have to have been laid down in writing and not altered for the heavyweight super-fight to take place this year.
With Joshua v Povetkin ready to go, it seems that fight could be the focus moving forward unless Wilder throws a spanner in the works and sends back the completed forms on Wednesday or Thursday.