Shelly Finkel, co-manager and negotiation representative of Deontay Wilder has promised Eddie Hearn the $50m offer made to Anthony Joshua is a genuine one.
Wilder emailed a $50m guarantee to Joshua on Wednesday evening for a massive undisputed unification clash in Las Vegas this year.
Upon receiving the deal, Hearn revealed his scepticism of how realistic their intentions were, only for Finkel to speak directly to Sky Sports Head of Boxing Adam Smith on the matter to confirm it was.
“We want (Anthony Joshua) to fight Deontay in his next fight and we offered him $50m,” Finkel told Sky Sports.
“If he accepts it, it will be there. Al Haymon and I have never not delivered what we’ve offered.”
On Joshua’s previous comments that he would accept a straight $50m purse for the encounter, Finkel added: “If he doesn’t accept, 97% of the fans will ask whether he really wants to take this fight.
“We were offered $12.5m (£8.8m) to fight him but we have offered four times that. If he says he is not going to take $50m, it means he doesn’t really want to fight him next.
“It was $50m against 50 per cent. He said, ‘get me $50m against 50 per cent and I’ll take it the next day, I swear’.”
The ball is now firmly in Joshua’s court as the deadline of Friday morning (UK time) looms as Hearn prepares to meet with Finkel in New York.
Joshua would not only get $50m but whatever the final Pay-Per-View outcome of the fight amounted to, which depends on the promotion and pricing of the event.
The T-Mobile Arena in Nevada is the favored venue to maximise revenue for what would be the biggest heavyweight fight since Lennox Lewis and Mike Tyson shared the ring in 2002.
Fans are waiting with baited breath for Joshua to decide whether he will adhere to Wilder’s terms having previously offered only $12.5m himself.
Any agreement late on Thursday should be enough to fend off the advances of Alexander Povetkin and promoter Andrey Ryabinskiy, who want a WBA mandatory chance confirmed through a scheduled May 4 purse bid.