The World Boxing Council have released their latest quarterly report which outlines the status of each of the seventeen weight divisions.
In this edition, the focus is on the super-middleweight.
The report outlines what has transpired over the last few months and what has been ordered in the near future.
Here’s the current status at 168 pounds:
· Chris Eubank Jr. defeated Avni Yildirim by KO3 on October 7, 2017 and won the elimination fight in WBSS.
· Juergen Braehmer defeated Rob Brant by UD12 on October 27, 2017 and won the eliminator fight in WBSS.
· Benavidez defeated Ronald Gavril by UD12 on February 17 in Nevada, in a voluntary defense.
· Callum Smith defeated Niekey Holzken by UD12 for the Diamond on Feb. 24 in Germany.
· Azizbek Abdugofurov vs. Renold Quinlan for the vacant silver on May 5 in Uzbekistan.
WBN Note: The winner of George Groves v Callum Smith should be ordered to face David Benavidez upon the completion of the tournament. Azizbek Abdugofurov vs. Renold Quinlan is also unlikely to take place following the latter’s defeat to Damian Hooper.
More to come from the WBC report.