Previously, reports suggested Hearn had laid $12.5m on the table for Wilder to travel to the UK for a huge undisputed unification with Joshua, which was not to the WBC Champion’s liking.
Upon witnessing Joshua telling media he’d happily accept $50m to trade blows with Wilder this year, ‘The Bronze Bomber’ went ahead and officially put the offer in writing.
.@anthonyfjoshua Mate! I sent this personally this time just so there’s no miscommunication. Tell @EddieHearn to let you personally check his email this time. BTW I sent Your manager Rob McCracken the email as well. I’m looking forward to our meeting in the ring. #KingVsKing pic.twitter.com/WbH8SB5Qm5
— Deontay Wilder (@BronzeBomber) April 25, 2018
“Mate! I sent this personally this time just so there’s no miscommunication.
Tell Eddie Hearn to let you personally check his email this time.
“By the way, I sent Your manager Rob McCracken the email as well.
“I’m looking forward to our meeting in the ring,” Wilder told Joshua in a social media post announcing his astonishing offer.
In a follow up, representative Lou DiBella told the LA Times it’s now down to Hearn and Joshua to give the fans what the encounter they deserve.
“We’ll see how badly he wants the fight,” DiBella said.
“Anthony Joshua has said he’d accept this offer. If Eddie Hearn is not looking to stop it from happening, they now have an extraordinary offer to consider.
“In the immortal words of (former referee) Mills Lane, ‘Let’s get it on!'”
The deal from Wilder, which stipulates the contest takes place in the United States on Pay-Per-View and has no rematch clause, expires at midnight on Thursday and means the public will know soon enough whether there are any realistic chances of the Joshua v Wilder blockbuster making it over the line.
With Joshua and Hearn keen to stage the first fight in the United Kingdom and being notorious for controlling their own destiny, not many are holding out hope that contracts would be exchanged in this latest twist in the saga.