David Price says ‘he’d do it all again’ despite being halted for the fifth time in his career on Saturday night.
‘The Big Horrible Heavyweight’ did well for the opening few rounds until tagged for a flash knockdown and had Povetkin in trouble in the third, albeit right at the end of the round.
Price was unable to capitalize on rocking the Russian due to the bell and attempted to fight fire with fire against Povetkin until the inevitable happened in the fifth.
Fears initially came over the Cardiff crowd as Price received medical attention, although the Liverpool was eventually cleared and updated his fans on Sunday.
“Hello everyone just letting you know all is OK,” said Price.
“I took this fight and understood the risks involved, but if you don’t have a go, you’ll never know.
“I’m proud I put it all on the line in front of a massive audience and I’d do it all again. Loved every minute,” he added.
Without rushing into a decision over his future, Price is thought to be strongly considering retirement following the loss.
Having already hung up his gloves once, the 34 year-old may have now graced the ring for the final time but should be proud to have ended his career on the biggest stage of them all.
Fighting in front of 80,000 and almost dropping a former world champion holds no shame for Price, who can fall back on his achievements as an Olympic bronze medallist, English, Commonwealth and British champion whilst also being a European title challenger.
Not to mention the fact that four of his losses came against opponents who had previously tested positive for banned substances, Price can hold his head up high no matter what he decides to do in the future.
Phil Jay is Editor of World Boxing News. Follow on Twitter @PhilDJay