World Boxing Council and Golden Boy Presidents have both spoken out after continued social media negativity surrounding Canelo Alvarez.
Despite just slight traces of Clenbuterol being found consistent with contaminated meat, Canelo has already been hung, drawn and quartered.
WBN can now reveal that the Mexican has been tested MULTIPLE times since the initial find in mid-February, as per the guidelines laid down by VADA, as Canelo bids to prove it was nothing but an accident.
WBC President Mauricio Sulaiman has no doubts about Canelo’s innocence as the boxing world heads towards what is supposed to be the showpiece of the year so far on Cinco de Mayo.
“The WBC thoroughly investigated Canelo’s case and is the only one with a complex Anti-Doping program,” said Sulaiman, which added to GBP Eric Gomez stating Canelo had passed all requirements in the month since the Clenbuterol scandal hit.
The only thing left is for the Nevada State Athletic Commission to make their ruling on the matter.
— Gennady Golovkin (@GGGBoxing) March 14, 2018
Whilst Canelo is dealing with his reputation being hit, Golovkin has begun training at camp in Big Bear where the middleweight king received a surprise package this week.
The WBN Fighter of the Year for 2017, as voted for by the fans, arrived on schedule as ‘GGG’ began preparations for his lucrative rematch.
Posing with the award of his several social media channels, Golovkin said: “What a nice surprise arrived this morning! Thank you for all your support and belief in me. World Boxing News Fighter of the Year!”
The newly-commissioned trophy represents the fourth time Golovkin has claimed the honor in a five-year period and sets the Kazakh up for the hard win to begin for May 5th.