Middleweight champion Billy Joe Saunders has put a short limit on the rest of his career as the talented fighter prepares for camp to face Martin Murray.
Saunders makes yet another defence of his WBO title on April 14 in London against the four-time world title challenger but says he may only have two more years left in the sport.
“When I’m 32 will I live like I am now? My personal opinion is no,” he said. “I want to do it while I have my youth,” Saunders told BBC Sport.
“I have two years to do what I want to do. I don’t think I’ve peaked but who wants to be getting punched for the next 10 years?
“I always said I want to be done at 30 or 31. You have a lot of people now who stay in a year or six months too long. That can have a big impact on your life and family.”
The Hatfield man is riding the crest of a wave following an awesome display against David Lemieux in Canada last year and is in the running to meet the winner of the Gennady Golovkin v Canelo Alvarez rematch later in 2018.
Golovkin and Canelo are rumored to be close to confirming their second fight for May 5th in Las Vegas and whoever comes out on top will be seeking out Saunders for a huge unification by the end of 2018.
The WBO belt is the only belt left open to Golovkin or Canelo once the dust settles on their rivalry and represents the big money clash Saunders needs in order to fulfill his plan to walk away from boxing by 2020.