Skip to content
Home » Fears for Conor McGregor’s safety after brawl gone bad in Ireland

Fears for Conor McGregor’s safety after brawl gone bad in Ireland

  • by
  • 2 min read

Conor McGregor could have more to worry about in the future after the Irishman picked up a £350 fine in court on Thursday.

‘The Notorious’ was handed the order for driving offenses and seemed as happy as possible when leaving the courtroom.

As he left in a high-powered car, McGregor shouted, ‘Come and get me.’ A message that wouldn’t make sense to those not in the know.

But the UFC star referred to infamous Irish gangsters who may now be on his tail. It follows a fight in a Crumlin bar called ‘The Black Forge,’ locally known as ‘The Forge.’

Conor McGregor’s safety

McGregor is rumored to have ‘battered’ the father of a well-known gang member, leading some on social media to fear for the multi-millionaire’s safety.

Several reports and tweets are eluding to possible retribution against McGregor, who is expected to leave Ireland immediately.

Police are said to be aware of what happened and are monitoring the situation surrounding McGregor’s behavior.

McGregor has put out strange social media posts since the incident against the men. Some of those near the area say the 29 year-old doesn’t want to get on the wrong side.

UFC boss Dana White has also been briefed on what happened, although he doesn’t seem overly concerned.

“I don’t think it’s true,” UFC President Dana White said, according to MMA Fighting. “Because if it were true, it would be enormous.

“Conor can walk down the street, and it’s big news now. If this were true, I have to believe it would be off-the-charts crazy. If it’s true, we’ll end up finding out.

“I can’t chase all these things around. If it’s true, we’ll figure it out and go from there.”

White had stated earlier this week he’d be surprised to see McGregor back in an octagon shortly after making £140m for fighting Floyd Mayweather.

Another boxing match, this time against Mayweather’s rival Manny Pacquiao in 2018, has been touted. That’s should McGregor decide to keep himself out of trouble and return to what he does best – throwing punches inside the ring.

Follow experienced boxing news source World Boxing News on Facebook.