Following Wilder’s spectacular win over Bermane Stiverne on Saturday night, ‘The Bronze Bomber’, promoter Lou DiBella and manager Jay Deas have all been focusing on landing a unification with Anthony Joshua.
Hearn is coming under increasing pressure to open talks regarding a mega-fight in 2018, although the Matchroom boss revealed there had been no official contact.
I think it is all bluster from Wilder because nobody is reaching out to me,” Hearn told The Mirror. “All the approaches have come from me.
“We have no problem fighting Wilder next, whether that is spring or summer. The main issue is if they want to come to the negotiating table and then the content of those negotiations.
“One guy is selling 5,000 tickets in Brooklyn, the other is selling 70,000 tickets in Britain and we are making seven or eight times as much money per fight. There has to be some common sense.”
On where a possible Joshua v Wilder heavyweight blockbuster, could take place, Hearn revealed Wembley Stadium may prove a tough task to secure.
“Wembley is quite difficult this year. We have already been in contact with them and the options aren’t great,” Hearn pointed out before stating England’s National Rugby stadium was the next best option.
“Twickenham is a realistic option. We basically want the biggest possibly stadium and if Wembley is not available, the next best would be Twickenham,” he said.
Joshua was planning three fights in 2018 with UK rival Tyson Fury one of several options, whilst the final champion on offer, Joseph Parker is on the verge of moving in another direction.