Amateur star Michael Conlan has achieved unprecedented success since turning professional.
Bob Arum and Top Rank pounced at the chance to sign the 2016 Silver-medallist as he turned professional earlier this year and the super-bantamweight is feeling rejuvenated after returning to his homeland.
“I was in Ireland for a month after Australia to have a little break, I was out here for seven months with the wife and kids so we thought we’d go back and see the family for a bit and then get refreshed before coming back,” Conlan exclusively told World Boxing News.
“It’s been fantastic who can say they’ve fought in a main event at Madison Garden on their debut and sold it out, not many people.
“Top Rank have been really happy with me and have been putting me on top cards. I’ve headlined two out of my first three fights, how many people in the world are doing that? None really,” he added.
Discussing his team-up with long-time and respected promoter Arum and right hand man Todd DuBoef, he said: They’re the best in the business, they’ve made so many world champions especially those that have come from the Olympics.
“They know how to build them and move forward. I’m in great hands with a very smart man and promoter with Bob Arum and the back-up team, it’s the full circle with these guys.”
Conlan is now geared up for a return to the ring in September.
With three knock-out wins in three fights, the Belfast superstar shared his delight at the progress made in 2017.
“The spars I have in the gym, I’ve been sparring top quality fighters, I feel great and I’m holding my own so I’m really happy.
“I’m fighting next on September 22 in Arizona on Oscar Valdes undercard, who is one of my gym mates and will be an honour to be on the card.
“We haven’t heard anything yet, we probably have an opponent already but I haven’t heard yet, it doesn’t matter, I don’t care who they put in front of me.
The 25 year-old is relishing the chance to get the Irish fans out in force once again.
“It’s a huge honour to get the support from the Irish fans, who come to travel and support me,” stated Conlan.
Joe Hewlett is lead writer for World Boxing News. Follow Joe on Twitter @Hewlett95