Hearn flew to the boxing capital of the world with Joshua last week to iron out a few details but is confident a second fight can happen between the pair on November 11.
“I’ve been in Vegas with AJ, officially applying for my Nevada boxing license to promote there and that went well,” Hearn told Sky Sports News HQ.
“I met with the MGM and met with the T-Mobile Arena, Vegas is the front runner and November 11 is the date that is pencilled in.
“It will probably take a couple of weeks to get everything over the line, but I believe Klitschko will take this fight and believe Vegas will be the one.”
Joshua was spotted hanging out with Floyd Mayweather during his spell in Nevada and Hearn thinks the venue is ideal for the UK and US markets.
“AJ has been over there for about 10 days and has enjoyed himself and got to know the area a little bit,” he said.
“The amount of British fight fans that would travel there, it will be a momentous occasion and one that we will savour for a long time so fingers crossed it’s a party in Las Vegas on November 11.”
The return would once again see Joshua as the headlining act on Showtime in the United States and boss Stephen Espinoza is in agreement with Hearn about bringing the Olympic gold medallist across the pond.
“It’s no secret we’ve been salivating about getting him over here and certainly that would be a phenomenal fight,” said Espinoza.
“It would be the biggest heavyweight Vegas fight in probably a couple of decades, so we would love to host it.
“That’s a massive mega-fight wherever it is. The first fight was a star-making performance and for many here in the US, it was their introduction to Anthony Joshua.
“Las Vegas is the fight capital of the world and we host the biggest names in sports and entertainment. The Joshua-Klitschko fight would simply add to that.
“Floyd Mayweather-Conor McGregor is on the table for August 26 and Saul Alvarez-Gennady Golovkin will be September 16, so this will just add to that great boxing calendar in Vegas,” he added.