30
Sep
2020

Lucas Browne gives Dillian Whyte verbal bashing, demands UK clash

WBN 08/06/2017

Former world heavyweight champion Lucas Browne is wasting no time mentioning some of the contenders in the division following his successful comeback last week.

‘Big Daddy’ halted Matthew Greer to dust off the cobwebs of a fourteen month absence in Australia and now has his eyes on facing Londoner Dillian Whyte.

Browne hopes to beat Dereck Chisora to landing a fight with Whyte after the 38 year-old posted a video on social media calling out the former British title holder.

“I just want to fight the best around. I want to work my way back up the rankings and fight anyone in the Top 20,” said Browne.

“Number one I want to fight is Dillian Whyte. I want to punch his jaw in and break his jaw. I really want to shut his mouth up because I really, really hate Dillian Whyte!

“I think it would be a great fight, so Eddie Hearn and anyone else involved let’s get that fight on because I think I’m really going to hurt him.

“I’d love to do it in the UK. I’d love to bash the shit out of him and break his jaw in his hometown.”

On other targets, Browne added:

“Anyone else too, we’ve got Breazeale and anyone in that Top 20. I just want to fight, be active and make my money.”

Whyte looks set for a return with Chisora after both withdrew from scheduled clashes against Mariusz Wach and Robert Helenius, although Browne hopes to put a spanner in the works.

This is after manager Matt Clark told WBN all those in a ranked position are on the hard-hitting Aussie’s radar.

“We would love to keep him active so we are looking Ideally for something in August or September,” Clark exclusively told World Boxing News.

“It’s no secret Lucas needs to shake off some rust as he hasn’t been active but we will just take the opportunities and fights as they come. He enjoyed being back in there on Friday night though.

“Right now, anyone is a target. Lucas is very determined to get his belt back that he rightfully won in the ring in Chechnya and was cleared of any wrongdoing.

“The November positive test is the result of an over the counter product and he’s now more than fully aware of potential hazards in some products.

“He’s always remained enrolled in the WBC Clean Boxing program, meaning he’s available to be tested 24/7, 365 days a year.

“Lucas is right back in the mix after this latest win but we will take it step by step and see where we end up,” he added.