Below are the super-flyweight, flyweight, light-flyweight and minimumweight categories:
Super Flyweight: Champion Roman Gonzalez (Nicaragua)
Gonzalez has confirmed that he will have the rematch with No. 1 ranked Carlos Cuadras of Mexico in March. The winner must make a mandatory defense against No. 2 ranked Srisaket Sor Rungvisai of Thailand in his next fight.
- Srisaket Sor Rungvisai defeated Roman Gonzalez by MD12 in a mandatory fight on March 18 and won the superflyweight title.
- Srisaket Sor Rungvisai vs. Roman Gonzalez rematch.
- Carlos Cuadras vs. Juan Francisco Estrada for the interim.
- Winners of both fights will face each other next.
Flyweight: Champion Vacant
No. 1 ranked Nawaphon Sor Rungvisai of Thailand will fight No. 2 ranked Juan Hernandez of Mexico for the vacant title in the first three months of 2017. No. 3 ranked Daigo Higa of Japan will be the first mandatory challenger. The WBC ordered No. 4 ranked Oscar Cantu of the United States to fight No. 5 ranked Muhammad Waseem of Pakistan in a final eliminator to determine the second mandatory challenger.
- Juan Hernandez defeated Nawaphon Sor Rungvisai by TKO3 and won the vacant title on March 4.
- Juan Hernandez – Daigo Higa first mandatory – May 20 in Japan
- Oscar Cantu-Rodriguez – second final eliminator.
- Muhammad Waseem to fight winner.
Light Flyweight: Champion Ganigan Lopez (Mexico)
Lopez made a mandatory title defense on July 2, 2016, and is now in a voluntary stage.
- Ganigan Lopez vs. Ken Shiro – May 20, Japan.
Minimumweight: Champion Wanheng Menayothin (Thailand)
Menayothin made a mandatory title defense on August 2, 2016, and is now in a voluntary stage.
- Menayothin defeated Melvin Jerusalem by UD12 in a voluntary defense on January 25.
- Saul Juarez vs. Leroy Estrada final elimination – May 27
- Wanhen Menayothin vs. Omar Kimweri – June 3.