Trainer Peter Fury has informed WBN he’s got no intention of heading out to Marbella to be part of Tyson Fury’s current training camp.
Fury lead his nephew to the world heavyweight title in November 2015 when Tyson dethroned Wladimir Klitschko, a fight which has since led to a long layoff.
Earlier this week, Fury signalled his determination to get back to fitness after putting on timber to the tune of 26 stone, even naming a date in July as his target.
“Gypsy King reporting into the World. I can confirm that I will be accompanying the one and only Billy Joe Saunders when he fights ‘Danny De Vito’,” Fury said in his comeback Instagram post.
“I’m coming back. Going over to Marbella [to train]. We are going to Marbella and I’m coming back to take on all bums. Bum of the month campaign, what you say Frank? So many bums out there that need cleaning up and wiping out.”
Tyson, 27, has since begun posting updates from Marbella where he’s workout alongside Billy Joe Saunders.
WBN contacted Peter for confirmation he’d be part of Tyson’s camp, and whilst he wouldn’t be drawn on whether he thinks the summer fight will happen, Fury did give an answer on whether he’d be helping out in Marbella.
“I can tell you that I have no plans to go to Marbella at the moment,” Fury exclusively told World Boxing News.
Asked whether there had been any kind of fall out with Tyson,” the respected coach replied: “Not at all.”
Peter’s son Hughie is currently recovering from a back injury that scuppered a world title fight with Joseph Parker on May 6, which is likely to mean another long delay for the 22 year-old who has already been out for a year.
Parker has announced he will now battle WBO #14 ranked contender Razvan Cojanu in Auckland next week, whilst Fury is still hopeful Hughie will face the New Zealander this year.
“We are looking to put the fight back on as fast as possible,” Fury stated to WBN.
Phil Jay is Editor of World Boxing News. Follow on Twitter @PhilDJay