In October 2016, the controversial Irishman was found guilty of a bottle throwing incident by the NSAC and subsequently fined a total of $150,000.
McGregor chose to challenge the fine, rather than pay it at the time, which then hampered his chances of nailing down a Las Vegas license for a cross-codes bout with Floyd Mayweather Jr.
At an appeal hearing this week, the Commission decided to downgrade the punishment significantly to $25,000 paving the way for McGregor to finally be approved for the Mayweather clash.
The NSAC told WBN last month McGregor would more than likely gain permission to box after a meeting in Nevada, which could be sorted out as early as next week.
“Today, mixed martial artist Conor McGregor met with Nevada State Athletic Commission Chairman Anthony A. Marnell III and Executive Director Bob Bennett regarding a possible rehearing of McGregor’s prior order arising out of his conduct during a UFC 202 press conference on August 17, 2016,” the NSAC exclusively told World Boxing News on Valentine’s Day.
“After a very cordial and productive meeting with McGregor, Chairman Marnell agreed to place the request for rehearing on the agenda of the Commission’s March 22, 2017 meeting.
“During the hearing on McGregor’s request, Chairman Marnell and Executive Director Bennett will recommend that the Commission grants a rehearing on the prior order.”
That said rehearing found an amicable agreement and McGregor can soon finalize the details of his proposed September match-up with the former pound for pound king.