Skip to content
Home » Hammer stops gassed Price; Ryder dominates Etches; Galahad beats late replacement; Selby wins belt

Hammer stops gassed Price; Ryder dominates Etches; Galahad beats late replacement; Selby wins belt

  • by
  • 2 min read

The German-based puncher, who went into the fight a slight underdog, had his moments in the fight before Price caught him with a quality combination to drop him to the canvas.

In scenes reminiscent of his losses to Tony Thompson, Price gassed badly, and in the end, couldn’t even defend himself as Hammer piled on the pressure. Referee Phil Edwards had no choice but to end the fight in the seventh as Price was out on his feet and taking way too many flush shots.

In a super-middleweight battle, John Ryder came out on top against a stubborn Adam Etches in a twelve round war. ‘The Gorilla’ had Etches bruised, battered and rocking on more than one occasion and left his opponent sporting a badly swollen eye.

Judges came back with scores of 118-109, 117-111 and 116-112 as Ryder moved closer to a potential shot at the IBO super-middleweight belt.

Andrew Selby scored a comprehensive points triumph over Ardin Diale to pick up the WBC International title and move a step closer to a full shot at the green and gold belt. The Welshman won every round on all three judges scorecard’s (WBN had it 99-91) as Selby moved to 8-0 with minimal fuss.

Featherweight Kid Galahad suffered an eleventh hour disappointment as Joseph Agbeko was forced to withdraw on fight day due to illness. Leonel Hernandez was then drafted in, but with eighteen losses on his record, was no match for the contender and was taken out in three rounds. A bad eye injury, which was on the verge of getting considerably worse, meant Hernandez was pulled out inbetween rounds in order to fight another day.

Middleweight Jordan Dennis made it two wins as a professional with a four-round points win over journeyman Kieron Gray, whilst Lucas Ballingall and Joe Jackson Brown both remained undefeated with similar victories.

In a pre-main event contest, Chris Kongo moved to 3-0 with a first round stoppage of Edvinas Puplauskas.