Reports surfaced in December that both Khan and Brook were interested in facing each other in a blockbuster clash, and after a delay over the holiday season, both sides are again in contact.
The fight is hoped to be finalized for April or May, with the exact venue still unclear due to Wembley Stadium being booked for Anthony Joshua v Wladimir Klitschko on April 29.
Khan had previously told WBN he wanted a fight with Brook as far back as October in an exclusive interview before clarifying a deal was close in the days before the New Year kicked in.
At the time, Khan told World Boxing News regarding the possibility of fighting Brook at 147 or 154: “I think I’d be more comfortable at 147.
“With the money that’s going to be on the table, Brook should consider at least one more fight at 147. I think he’d want to take a fight with me. But if it happens, it would have to happen at 147, to be honest. That’s where I’m comfortable. I am interested in that fight so that’s where it would be. 147 would be better for me.”
On Brook potentially choosing a fight with mandatory Errol Spence, Khan added: “I think Errol Spence is one of the reasons why Brook will move up to 154. He knows he’s going to have his hands full against Spence.”
That fight with Spence had been mandated to take place before talks began, although Brook v Khan having a world title on the line has not yet been ruled out.