11
Dec
2019

McGregor ready: For $100m I’ll fight Mayweather under boxing rules

WBN 18/11/2016

MMA star Conor McGregor is hoping to land a massive payday opposite Floyd Mayweather Jr. after cementing his place in the history books of UFC.

The Irishman became the first fighter to hold titles in separate weight classes simultaneously when defeating Eddie Alvarez and has been linked to fighting Mayweather for most of 2016.

Despite Mayweather ruling out a crossover fight between the pair, and indeed ever gracing the ring in any capacity, McGregor has his work cut out after laying down his demands for a proposed bout under Queensberry Rules.

“Much respect to Floyd,” McGregor told TMZ Sports. “He’s a solid businessman. What he’s been able to do — he’s a f**ing animal at what he’s been able to do.

“[But] as far as real fighting — true, pure unarmed combat — Floyd don’t want none of this. Give Floyd a shout; tell him I’m coming. Tell him to run around Showtime offices. I want $100 million to fight him under boxing rules because he’s afraid of a real fight.”

Mayweather had already stated on Wednesday that he’s not accepting offers from McGregor or arch-rival Manny Pacquiao anytime soon as he concentrates on promotional duties with the likes of Badou Jack and Ashley Theophane.

“A lot of fighters in the sport of boxing may want to retire, but they have to fight because they have to,” Mayweather said to gathered reporters. “I don’t have to fight.

“I just made $300 million for fighting Pacquiao. I’m OK. Like I said before, I’m happy with my position. Once again, the money don’t make me; I make money. I’m well-off. I make smart moves, and like I said before, I’m happy with where my career has went.”

Your SEO optimized title