13
Nov
2018

WBA decision on Joshua v Klitschko ruled out until Monday

WBN 23/10/2016

The World Boxing Association are still no closer to a decision as the Sanctioning Committee contemplate a heavyweight title fight between Anthony Joshua and Wladimir Klitschko.

Approval of the contest is pivotal to Klitschko accepting a December 10 fight in the UK against IBF title holder Joshua, with a decision initially expected to be made over the weekend.

WBN have now been told the final ruling could be made public as late as Monday whilst tallying is verified and everything is rubberstamped.

Should Klitschko be given the green light to contest the vacant WBA belt against Joshua, a trio of championships could then be on the line in under six weeks time.

The IBO are the third organization ready to be involved, although everything hinges on the upcoming announcement by WBA President Gilberto Mendoza.

In other news regarding the fight, WBN understands that Eric Molina is preferred to David Price as a replacement for Joshua should Klitschko go elsewhere for his next bout.

Molina is more expectant of a fight with Price, rather than Joshua, as the American himself explained to WBN: “I haven’t heard anything regarding December 10. Eddie said he needed to finalize Joshua before he worried about other fights. 

“I haven’t heard much of Joshua vs Klitschko being finalized ye eithert, but it’s strange. I think David Price is going to be in the hot seat if Klitschko does fight AJ.

“Price said he would fight me and Eddie had already started making the fight, but I haven’t heard a peep about anything from Eddie as of Tuesday when Klitschko vs Joshua hit the fan,” he added.

Your SEO optimized title