Molina, 34, had been mentioned for bouts opposite IBF title holder Anthony Joshua and British rival Price on the Manchester Arena card, although believes a world title shot may not be on the agenda.
“I haven’t heard anything regarding December 10. Eddie said he needed to finalize Joshua before he worried about other fights,” Molina exclusively told World Boxing News.
Asked if he thought that mean Joshua v Klitschko was back on again, Molina replied: “I haven’t heard much of Joshua vs Klitschko being finalized yet, but it’s strange. I think David Price is going to be in the hot seat if Klitschko does fight AJ.
“Price said he would fight me and Eddie had already started making the fight, but I haven’t heard a peep about anything from Eddie as of Tuesday when Klitschko vs Joshua hit the fan,” he added.
Everything hinges on a decision by the WBA regarding sanctioning of Joshua v Klitschko for their vacant title, with the recent silence on the matter leading some to make the assumption the massive unification fight could be back on.
Lucas Browne had been named as an alternative for Klitschko for an encounter in Hamburg, although lawyer Leon Margules has denied any talks for the last few days and Molina now seems to be out of the running for Joshua.
An official announcement may now have to wait until Monday unless a drastic change happens over the latter part of the weekend.