The WBC believes in transparency and administrative disclosure. WBC annual convention meetings determine world rankings and the mandatory status of each division in open floor meetings in which all parties have the opportunity to discuss and present their cases for consideration, analysis, and voting by the WBC Board of Governors.
The WBC began to report this information in 2015 to bring clarity and transparency to the WBC’s administration for the public, and to provide clear reports from what is agreed and what happens during the course of each year.
WBC QUARTERLY REPORT ABOUT CONVENTION RULINGS ON EACH DIVISION: September 2016
SUPER FEATHERWEIGHT WORLD CHAMPION: FRANCISCO VARGAS (MEXICO)
· Francisco Vargas defeated Takashi Miura by TKO9 and won the super-featherweight title on November 21, 2015.
· Miguel Roman defeated Juli Giner by TKO8 in a final eliminator on April 1.
· Stephen Smith defeated Daniel Brizuela by TKO7 on May 29 in England and won the Silver title.
· Francisco Vargas vs. Orlando Salido ended in a draw in a voluntary defense for the champion on June 4.
· Miguel Roman is the mandatory challenger.
· The WBC mandated champion Francisco Vargas to take six months off the ring due to the severe injuries sustained in his last two fights, and there has been continous assessment on the development of his recovery with medical examinations.
FEATHERWEIGHT WORLD CHAMPION: GARY RUSSELL JR. (US)
· Ronny Rios defeated Velez by W10 for the Silver title.
· Leo Santa Cruz defeated Kiko Martinez on February 27 in a special event in California.
· Oscar Escandon defeated Robinson Castellanos by TKO7 and won the interim championship, on March 5.
· Gary Russell defeated Patrick Hyland by KO2 in a voluntary on April 16; the winner would fight Oscar Escandon next.
· Ronny Rios defeated Efrain Esquivias by TKO2 in a non-title fight on June in California.
· Cristian Mijares defeated Gutierrez by W12 on June 4 and won the vacant Silver title.
· Gary Russell will fight Oscar Escandon for the undisputed title.
SUPER BANTAMWEIGHT WORLD CHAMPION: HOZUMI HASEGAWA (JAPAN)
· Qiu Xiao Jun defeated Belahdj Ali by TKO11 for the silver title
· Gavin McDonnell defeated Jorge Sanchez by W12 for the silver Feb. 27 in U. K.
· No. 1 rated Qiu Xiao Jun vs. No. 4 rated Alexis Cabore fight ordered, but Jun fought for another organization.
· No. 2 rated Rey Vargas vs. No. 3 rated Guillermo Rigondeaux – fight ordered without response.
· Hugo Ruiz defeated Julio Ceja on Feb. 27 in California by KO1 with Ceja injured foot.
· Rey Vargas defeated Alexis Kabore by W12 in a final elimination on June 6.
· Rey Vargas is the mandatory challenger
· Hozumi Hasegawa defeated champion Hugo Ruiz in a voluntary defense on September 16 in Tokyo. Ruiz sustained a broken nose in an accidental head clash in the first round and has requested the WBC to review his case .
· Hasegawa must make the mandatory defense vs. Rey Vargas.
· The Ruiz case will be reviewed during the WBC convention.
BANTAMWEIGHT WORLD CHAMPION: SHINSUKE YAMANAKA (JAPAN)
· Yamanaka defeated Liborio Solis by UD12 on March 4, in Japan
· Anselmo Moreno defeated Suriyan Sor Rungvisai by W12 in a final eliminator and won the vacant Silver title on April 30 2016.
· Shinsuke Yamanaka defeated Anselmo Moreno by KO6 in a mandatory title defense on September 16 in Japan.