The WBC believes in transparency and administrative disclosure. WBC annual convention meetings determine world rankings and the mandatory status of each division in open floor meetings in which all parties have the opportunity to discuss and present their cases for consideration, analysis, and voting by the WBC Board of Governors.
The WBC began to report this information in 2015 to bring clarity and transparency to the WBC’s administration for the public, and to provide clear reports from what is agreed and what happens during the course of each year.
WBC QUARTERLY REPORT ABOUT CONVENTION RULINGS ON EACH DIVISION: September 2016
CRUISERWEIGHT WORLD CHAMPION: TONY BELLEW (GREAT BRITAIN) / RECESS – GRIGORY DROZD
· Durodola defeated Kudryashov by TKO2 and won the Silver title on November 4, 2015.
· The WBC did not approve a requested fight between Roy Jones and Enzo Macarinnelli for the Diamond Belt.
· Grigory Drozd vs. Ilunga Makabu mandatory – April 8 in Moscow.
· The fight was postponed because an injury to Drozd.
· The WBC named Drozd Champion in Recess.
· The WBC approved a fight between Ilunga Makabu vs. Tony Bellew. The winner would fight Drozd.
· Mairis Briedis defeated Durodola by TKO9 on May 14 in Latvia and won the silver title and final eliminator fight.
· Tony Bellew defeated Ilunga Makabu by TKO3 on May and won the vacant title.
· WBC approved a voluntary defense of champion Bellew against B. J. Flores on October 15 in Liverpool.
· Mairis Briedis is the mandatory challenger.
· Former champion Krzysztof Wlodarczyk will fight Durodola for the Silver championship on November 3, as Breidis will fight the winner of Bellew vs. Flores for the WBC world Cruiserweight championship.
LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHT WORLD CHAMPION: ADONIS STEVENSON (CANADA)
The WBC ordered a mandatory title defense last year against WBC Diamond champion Sergey Kovalev of Russia in what would be one of the biggest fights possible. An agreement was not reached between the fighters’ representatives, but the WBC continues to fully support both parties in their continued negotiations for this super fight.
· Stevenson vs. Kovalev proposal
· Eleider Alvarez defeated Isaac Chilemba by W12 in a defense of his silver title and final eliminator.
· Alvarez mandatory.
· Stevenson defeated Thomas Williams by KO4 in a voluntary defense on July 29
· Eleider Alvarez defeated Robert Berridge by UD10 in a non-title fight on July 29.
· Alvarez mandatory to Adonis Stevenson. GYM, who promotes both fighters, has informed that the fight is set and will take place in November in Canada.