22
Apr
2019

Tommy Langford gutted at Chris Eubank Jr. collapse, still fights on Oct 22

Phil Jay 17/09/2016

Queensberry Promotions

UK middleweight Tommy Langford says he’ll still be fighting on October 22 in Cardiff despite not challenging Chris Eubank Jr. for the national title.

Eubank, 26, vacated the Lonsdale Belt on Friday after suffering an elbow injury in training, leaving Langford to await a decision by the British Boxing Board of Control as to when the Devon man will eventually get his chance.

Next month’s date in Wales could come too early for Langford though as the 27 year-old comes to terms with the cancellation of the biggest fight of his career so far.

“I’m absolutely gutted that Eubank has pulled out (due to) ‘tennis elbow’ – which is the reason I heard today,” said Langford.

“They never wanted the fight and they’ve been clutching at straws to get other opposition (by) calling people out left, right and centre other than me.

“(Eubank has) absolute total disrespect for the sport, fighters and more importantly the fans.

“I will still be fighting on October 22nd in Cardiff and will be in a big fight regardless of what it’s for.”

The likes of John Ryder, Lee Markham and Adam Etches will come into play to face Langford once the Board settle on the next in line, whilst the fighter himself will have to stay focused on his next fight in just five weeks’ time.

Your SEO optimized title