Lucas Browne resolution released, WBA decision explained in full

@lucasbrowne

The decision to award Lucas Browne a place back in the World Boxing Association rankings has been outlined in a document obtained by WBN on Tuesday.

Browne, 37, was stripped of the belt he won from Ruslan Chagaev last March in Grozny after testing positive for clenbuterol in the aftermath.

The Aussie has long protested his innocence despite receiving a six-month ban from the WBA and will be re-introduced at the end of this period on the back of legal protest.

‘Big Daddy’ will also be handed an immediate title shot against Puerto Rican Fres Oquendo after the former title challenger won a separate ruling himself to gain a second chance.

The official resolution from August 8 when Browne’s court action came to the fore, along with the WBA’s six-point decision reads as follows:

browne wba

All that’s left for Browne is to agree terms with Fres Oquendo, who WBN have been told is back in tentative training for his opportunity.

“We are still waiting for WBA to finalize everything. Fres is going to the doctor this week. He is back running and doing light boxing but the time-frame will be important,” Oquendo’s manager Tom Tsatas exclusively told World Boxing News.

Rumours David Haye could step in for Oquendo if he’s not ready had been refuted by Browne’s lawyer Leon Margules to WBN last week, although nothing can be ruled out until an official assessment of ‘Big O’ is made.