EMMY nominated series Boxeo Al Maximo, presented by Miguel Cotto Promotions and H2 Entertainment, will begin a new and exciting chapter on Saturday, June 4 at the Cosme Beitía Coliseum in Cataño where it will debut in the powerful Hispanic network Mega TV with a very attractive show that will once again feature the great boxing rivalry between Mexico and Puerto Rico.
In the main event, Kevin Nieves (9-1-1, 5 KO’s) of Cataño will take on Mexican Alexis Del Bosques (11-2, 8 KO’s) (now residing in Dallas).
The show will also feature the return of Jose “Wonder Boy” Lopez in a card that will feature seven undefeated boxers.
“Last year we had a great season with Boxeo Al Maximo on Univision and it was a great experience, but we have the opportunity to move to Mega TV and be seen in several of the top Hispanic markets in the United States we feel that this is a perfect opportunity to show our top prospects in very important boxing markets,” said Bryan Perez, Vice-President of Boxing Operations for the company that is lead by the five-time Puerto Rican world champion Miguel Cotto. “Mega TV cannot only be seen in Puerto Rico but also in New York, Los Angeles, Dallas, Orlando, Tampa and Miami—cities that have the largest concentrations of Hispanics in the United States.” “We are very happy to be able to partner with SBS Entertainment and Mega TV, undoubtedly the largest growing Hispanic network in the United State.
Boxeo Al Maximo will now be able to be enjoyed from New York to Los Angeles, accomplishing a dream that my father had to take our boxers to another level,” said Miguel Cotto. “To be on prime time on Saturday in the United States was one of our goals and something that we will now be able to do thanks to Mega TV. Our events are high quality in their production and in the ring; we have fights that are evenly matched and the results are always in doubt, something that makes for more enjoyable boxing for our fans,” said Hector Soto, Vice-President and promoter of H2 Entertainment. “Boxeo Al Maximo earned an Emmy nomination. People are interested in our fighters and now they will have the opportunity to see them in the United States.”
The talent for this show will continue to be the same as last year, with new voice Julio Cesar Concepcion handling the blow by blow, and commentators will be former world champion Wilfredo “Papito” Vazquez and boxing writer Giancarlo “Mr. Boxing” Oquendo, who will provide expert analysis. “Wonder Boy” Lopez (16-1-1, 12 KOs) of Carolina who, in 2014, was part of one of the most controversial fights in recent years when he beat Robert Castaneda on a majority decision, will face Felix “Ardilla” Perez in an eight round bout in his return. Also in action in a middleweight bout, Magdiel Cotto (3-0, 3 KOs), a member of the Puerto Rico team in the Pan-American Games, will take on Antonio Alicea of Carlina in his professional debut, and the 18-year-old prospect Joh Bauza (1-0, 1 KO), who was 170-8 in the amateurs and won a USA amateur championship, will have the opportunity to fight in his birth city as he takes on Mike Erosa of Vega Baja in a four round bout. And in a junior welterweight rematch, Yomar Alamo (9-0, 7 KOs) of Aguas Buenas will take on Gabriel Díaz in a six round bout. In another bout, flyweight Charlie Clemente (11-0, 4 KOs) of Carolina will face Christian Lopez of Maunabo in a six round bout, and Kelvin Nunez (13-0, 11 KOs) of Carolina will take on a rematch Jonuel Tapia in a six round 195 pound bout. Bryan Chevalier (5-0-1, 5 KOs) of Bayamon will take on Luis Ortiz of Corozal in a six round 122 pound bout. Derrieck Cuevas (6-0-1) of San Juan will face Revlon Lake at 147 pounds y a four round bout.
The show will be broadcast by Mega TV on a one week delay on Saturday, June 11 in prime-time 9:00 p.m. Eastern Time.