Peter Fury has confirmed to WBN that the heavyweight unification rematch between nephew Tyson and Wladimir Klitschko is signed and sealed to take place in the spring.
Earlier this month, Fury told WBN that England’s National Stadium at Wembley was his preferred choice to stage the bout, although the trainer says talks over where and exactly when the bout will be held are still ongoing.
Regarding the TV rights, Fury v Klitschko II will once again go out to the highest bidder, which in the current climate should by Sky Sports Box Office, who televised the first contest back on November 28 in Germany.
“The rematch between Tyson and Klitschko is all done and signed,” Fury exclusively told World Boxing News.
“Right now, all I can say tell you about the venue is that it’s being dealt with for the fight to be staged in late April or May.
“The event will take place on whichever TV comes out as the highest bidder and they will be able to show the fight.”
Asked whether Fury had considered attempting to make an alternative defence of his WBO, WBA and IBO belts, Peter said that this was never an option as well as pointing out that no other titles are currently in jeopardy.
Fury had been stripped of the IBF version for going through with the Klitschko rematch – even though there was a contract agreed pre-fight that an upset victory would mean an immediate second encounter between the two.
“As we said from the start, Tyson cannot have a fight before Klitschko as it was stated in the contract and no, Tyson will not lose any more belts.
“We will be ready to go again and we are looking forward to another massive event in heavyweight boxing next year,” said Fury.
Vyacheslav Glazkov and Charles Martin will battle it out for Fury’s old red belt on January 16 in Brooklyn, New York as Fury lost his status despite only being champion with the organisation for a matter of days.