24
Sep
2020

Pacquiao: Mayweather accuses me and look what happened

Phil Jay 11/09/2015

Esther Lin

Manny Pacquiao has reacted to the news that arch-rival Floyd Mayweather was administered an illegal amount (according to WADA rules) of saline and vitamins via an IV before their May 2 fight.

‘Money’ has since defended himself and been backed up by the US Anti-Doping Agency, although Pacquiao says he now feels content following years of accusations from the Mayweather camp of the use of performance enhancing drugs.

“Truth finally came out and I was vindicated,” Pacquiao said from the Philippines.

“Mayweather’s camp accused me of using PEDs and now look what happened. I hope Floyd Mayweather would learn a good lesson out of this,” he added.

Pacquiao had his reputation questioned in the wake of their clash earlier this year, which Mayweather won via unanimous decision, after citing a shoulder injury for a below-par performance.

The 36 year-old is known to be keen on getting Mayweather back in the ring for a 2016 return, and these latest developments will only heighten the desire from the boxing world to see the two agree to a second fight.

Mayweather is gearing up for what he claims to be his final fight against Andre Berto this Saturday night in Las Vegas but is in danger of having his clean reputation damaged permanently by the revelations that unfolded during fight week.